State Social Protection Policies at Save the Children Nigeria October,…
Save the Children is the main autonomous group for children in want, with applications in over 120 nations, together with the United States. We intent to encourage breakthroughs in-the approach the world treats children, & to attain instant & lasting change of their lives by enhancing their health, education & financial alternatives. In occasions of acute disaster, we mobilize fast help to help children recuperate from the results of warfare, oppose & common disasters. Each yr, we & our companions attain tens of millions of children in communities all over the world. Join our committed & distinct employees of their work to improve the well-being of children in all places.
We are recruiting to fill the stand beneath:
Job Title: Consultant – To support the development of State Social Protection Policies for Kaduna & Kano
apply below, apply for the job, vacancy apply, apply now, download the application form, download now, download
Job ID: 190003O3
Employee Status: Fixed Term
The Child Development Grant Programme (CDGP) carried out by Save the Children & Action Against Hunger is a UKAid funded “Cash Plus” programme geared toward tackling the lofty ranges of malnutrition in Nigeria, which undermine the survival & tomorrow development of children & gasoline the intergenerational switch of poverty.
Since 2014, the CDGP has been offering unconditional money transfers of 4,000 NGN per 30 days to pregnant women & women with children beneath the age of two (2) in Zamfara & Jigawa states. The month-to-month money transfers have been accompanied by Social & Behavioural Change Communication (SBCC) on baby health & nutrition. The programme has too been supporting proof technology & capability building to reinforce the implementation of social safety programmes in-the two states & at federal level. The CDGP was formally anticipated to fasten out in 31st July 2019, also, building on the momentum & lessons learnt from the preceding part, the programme has been prolonged to 31st July 2021, however, with none group level direct intervention such because the money transfers or on the other hand the SBCC.
During its 1st part, the programme generated proof on the feasibility & affect of money switch programmes focused on the vital “First 1,000 Days” of a kid’s life. Findings from the end-line analysis of Phase I indicated a 5.eight proportion point discount in stunting. The analysis too reveals enhancements in general baby health, meals security, information & practice of Health & Nutrition behaviours, household financial status & accumulation of livestock in implementing communities. The proof from the CDGP is the 1st of its form from Nigeria.
Overall, the CDGP had demonstrated how one can attain meaningful affect on the dietary status & long-term tomorrow potential of children. In the 2nd part, CDGP will use this proof to affect state & federal social safety insurance policies & programmes, which is able to result in lengthy time period, sustainable change. If taken-up & used, this method has the potential to affect on the lives & futures of lots of of 1000’s of children throughout Nigeria.
During the 2nd part, the programme will improve its deal with methods strengthening, proof technology, advocacy & capability building with a specific emphasis on baby & nutrition-sensitive social safety, to contribute to the rise in protection of inclusive & accountable social safety at federal & state level.
The programme will persist to be carried out in-the present CDGP states of Jigawa & Zamfara, & shall be prolonged to 2 extra states together with Kano & Kaduna. Through support to federal level establishments & programmes, the CDGP will too contribute to methods & capability development throughout the 36 states.
- Kano & Kaduna states have varied present Social Protection programmes that, consists of distinct measures designed to hinder & decrease poverty in addition to vulnerability by selling environment friendly labour market, in addition to diminishing persons’s publicity to danger.
- However, because of the absence of a harmonized & coordinated method to social safety programmes in every State, distinct MDAs coordinate these programmes individually. As such, there are not any powerful & sustainable social safety programmes & methods in place. Like many different States in Nigeria, the beforehand talked about states have numerous social safety programmes which can be politically pushed & ad-hoc in nature.
- To handle this & make sure that social safety is efficient & sustainable the CDGP will support the Kano & Kaduna state governments to develop multi-sectoral state particular social safety insurance policies.
- These insurance policies are anticipated to stipulate the state government’s social safety approaches & interventions to decrease poverty & vulnerability in a built-in, coherent, coordinated, & sustainable method, prioritizing the discount of utmost poverty & emphasizing long-term & predictable interventions.
- Building on the momentum & lessons learnt from the preceding part CDGP will too support the rise in protection of inclusive & accountable social safety in Kano & Kaduna States.
- Building on momentum & lessons from the preceding part CDGP will too support the enlargement of inclusive & accountable social safety in Kano & Kaduna states.
- Social safety insurance policies support the development of well-targeted, adequately financed & well-coordinated responses to poverty & vulnerability, thus contributing to poverty discount efforts.
- The mission of this consultancy is to facilitate the difference of the National Social Protection coverage to develop state particular social safety insurance policies for Kano & Kaduna States.
- These insurance policies will mirror every States priorities and can garner contributions & support from key ministries & stakeholders in these states.
Scope of Work:
- The scope of labor of this project is to provide you with a last draft of State Specific Social Protection Policies for Kano & Kaduna states by means of a consultative course of working all suitable stakeholders with the blessings & management of Traditional Leaders, Legislatives & Executives.
- In offering support to coverage development the counselor is anticipated to comply with the decent coverage development pointers as if for by Government. As such, understanding & information of those pointers & processes is vital for the thriving completion of this project.
- The custodian & the institutional home/host of the coverage would be the Ministry of Budget & Planning in Kano State & the Planning & Budget Commission for Kaduna State.
- The Ministry in Kano & the Commission in Kaduna shall be anticipated to arrange a coverage development Technical Working Group made up of stakeholders form civil society organizations, line ministries & cooperating companions to information the development course of for developing with the coverage.
- Therefore, on the begin of the project, the Technical Advisor is anticipated to outline the methodology & focus on content material & format with the Technical Working Group.
- The Technical Advisor is too anticipated to work with the Technical Working Group to pinpoint & make up on the key steps & timelines.
- During the course of the project steady follow-up conferences with the Technical Working Group shall be held.
- The coverage development-consultation workshops with key stakeholders in every state consists of government stakeholders from suitable Ministry, Department & Agencies (MDAs), Civil Society Constituents & Media & the validation of the draft coverage, are key components of this project.
- At the tip of the consultancy, the counselor shall be anticipated to submit 2 draft insurance policies, these drafts are anticipated be intensive, finish and able to be submitted to the Executive Councils of the Each state for the approval & additional proceedings.
- The final result of this consultancy are two last draft state particular Social Protection Policy paperwork for Kaduna & Kano that shall be submitted to the programme inside 10 days after the tip date of the consultancy interval. However, the counselor will supply a 1st draft of state particular Social Protection Policy Documents promptly on the finish of the consultancy interval.
Deliverables & Timelines:
- This project shall be complete of 30 working days & the desk beneath offers particulars of key duties, deliverables & timelines for this project.
Expected Output/Deliverable – Days – Timeframe:
- Signed contract – 11th Nov
Inception Meeting with government leads in Kano & Kaduna:
- Agreement on scope, timeline & roadmap for development of the insurance policies – 2 days – 11th -15th Nov
Desk Review National/Jigawa & Zamfara Social Protection Policies & different background paperwork:
- Identified key areas to be centered in-the coverage development course of – 2 days – 18th -22nd Nov
Policy Development/ Consultation Workshops with key stakeholders in every state that embody government stakeholders & CSOs & Media:
- Consultation workshop report – 10 days – 25th Nov- 13 Dec
Work with key stakeholders to develop the draft State Specific Social Protection coverage paperwork (one every for Kano & Kaduna):
- First draft coverage paperwork – 6 days – 16th Dec-31st Dec
Facilitate coverage validation workshops:
- Validation workshop report – Four days – sixth -10th Jan 2020
Finalize the coverage draft for every State to be submitted to the Executive Councils for approval:
- Final draft coverage paperwork – 6 days – 13th -24th Jan 2020
- Payment shall be made based mostly on the calendar captured in-the desk beneath. The complete quantities to be paid shall be based mostly on charges permitted & agreed between CDGP & the counselor engaged for this project.
Payment – Conditions:
- 20% – On submission of inception report
- 20% – On submission of session workshop report
- 20% – On submission of coverage draft’s validation workshop report
- 40% – On submission of last drafts of the coverage paperwork
Key relationships (Names & Positions could be distinct for every states):
- Office of the Deputy Governor
- State House of Assembly
- Commission/Ministry of Budget & Planning
- Ministry of Health
- Ministry of Women Affairs
- State Operations Coordinating Units (SOCU)
- Development Partners & NGOs
- Civil Society Organizations(CSO)
- Media-Electronic & Press
- State Emergency Relief & Rehabilitations Agency (SERARA)-Kano
If any firm or on the other hand recruiter calls for cash from you, please report back to us promptly. View how one can detect imitation recruiters/firms Here
Please share with a friend using the share button below
Page Contents Federal Poly Nasarawa Admission List 2019/2020- Post UTME NewsAPPLY BELOW:How to Check Federal …