University of Port Harcourt, University of Port Harcourt M.Sc. The admission form for gas, petroleum refining and petrochemicals for the 2019/2020 school season is now available.
Applications from suitably suited Candidates are invited to enter the Center for Gas, Refining and Petrochemistry (CGRP) of the University of Port Harcourt (University of Port Harcourt), M.Sc. program of the educational session 2019 / 2020.
The Gas, Refining and Petrochemicals Center (CGRP) is among the NUC certified centers of excellence on the Institute of Petroleum Studies (IPS) on the University of Port Harcourt. The center manages a professional M.Sc. Program in gas, refining and petrochemical treatment. Our graduate program is run by the trade and this system is designed to speak entrepreneurial skills to our graduates. Twenty percent (20%) of the lectures are provided by trade professionals with similar experience and qualifications. sixty percent (60%) by the University of Port Harcourt and twenty percent (20%) by university professors collaborating on the national level in-the corresponding specializations.
PURPOSE / OBJECTIVE
The objective of this professional master program in-the fields of gas, refining and petrochemicals is to provision graduates with the essential training fundamental for the reasonable refining and processing of crude oil and natural gas. The program will produce skilled and ready-to-use graduates for gas, refining and petrochemical processing, who will likely be fully prepared to work in-the local and international oil and gas trade. Students will take courses provided by lecturers from Nigerian universities, professors from abroad countries, in addition to experts from the oil trade in-the interior and on the university. external Nigeria. The program will likely be implemented under five modules, namely: extensive modules, refining, gas and petrochemicals, modeling and design, and project modules, which end with a master's thesis.
At the top of this program, graduates will, among other skills, be capable to:
- Understanding the distinct varieties of energy and the role of fossil fuels in-the global energy mix
- Capture hydrocarbon chemistry and sequence of crude oil processing operations, including crude oil distillation, refinery equipment and treatment scheme.
- Work on energy recovery network systems for refineries and petrochemicals, including monitoring tools
- memorize in regards to the trade and processes of petrochemicals and natural gas, including the economic and contractual aspects of the natural gas trade
- Understand the principle varieties of polymers, plastics, additives and modifiers
- Appreciate conversion processes, including catalytic reforming, and the effect of catalysis on reaction rates.
- Work on heat exchangers and their design systems.
- Understand reaction systems, including process flow and control, corrosion and equipment maintenance.
- Practice modeling and simulation of refining processes / petrochemical systems
- Understand key objectives in project management, process optimization, energy conservation and provision chain management, entrepreneurship and a few trade theories and models.
CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION
- Applicants should have a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry / Petrochemistry, Gas Engineering or related courses with at minimum the best honors (occasion Division) (Upper Division). trade / trade workers with 5 years of experience in-the field and a occasion lesson (lower division) specialization with a cumulative grade point fair, an MBM of three.00 and higher will besides be considered.
- All candidates should have met the necessities of the National Youth Corps Service (NYSC) and meet the minimum entry requirements of the postgraduate programs of the University of Port Harcourt.
DURATION OF THE PROGRAM
- The duration of this system is 12 calendar months of intensive training. stuffed time study. Industrial / trade workers can besides take part in modular / sandwich programs and buildup credits.
- Students selected on the end of this system will get a M.Sc. degree in Gas, Refinery and Petrochemical Certificate from the University of Port Harcourt.
i.non-refundable deposit fee of twenty thousand naira (= N = 20,000) denominated in certified bank view on the order of Center for Gas, Refining & Petrochemicals, University of Port Harcourt, cash payment can besides be made on the web through http://www.cgrpng.org/payments. The application form could be obtained on the web at www.cgrpng.org. The form have to be completed and submitted on the web. A tricky copy of the finished form with the bank draft must besides be delivered in person or by mail to: Director, Gas, Refining and Petrochemicals Center, Institute of Petroleum Studies, University of Port Harcourt, no subsequently than Friday 20th September 2019.
Important dates to recollect: (Any changes will likely be communicated by e-mail)
- Completed application forms have to be returned to the Director, Gas, Refinery and Petrochemical Engineering Center, University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt no subsequently than Friday, September 20, 2019.
- Oral interview organized on Monday 5 October 2019 for shortlisted Candidates
- The names of short-listed Candidates will likely be posted on the CGRP website. www.cgrpng.org.
- Academic activities will begin in November 2019.
- For any request, please send an email [email protected]
Please share with a friend using the share button below
- Page Contents The List of things needed for nysc camp 2019Compulsory things wanted for NYS…
- Page Contents Sowing Extra Khaki – Do You Actually Want It? – NYSC Information…
- Page Contents Postgraduate course of the American University of Nigeria.AUN Postgraduate A…
- Page Contents AUN admission criteria for local and international candidates.How to apply f…
- Deadlines for the cash remitance of the occasion tuition cash remitance and enrollment to …